Pages

Sunday, 8 August 2010

The holiday that was not to be!

I had made some pretty elaborate plans for the week ahead.  I had been feeling quite stressed at work - I felt like I was being taken advantage of, so I had booked out a week to unwind and relax.

I had envisaged going up north to be by my folks.  I was going to drop the baby off with my mum and then go visiting my friends.  I had researched beauty spas and was going to get a massage, facial, pedicure and a new hair style.  All the while I was also going to go to Yoga every night of the week and had already found a Yoga studio that catered to my level.  I had even organised a counselling session while I was there.

However I have decided that I am far better off to stay home and sort out my life!  Our house is a complete tip and so freaken disorganised.  I used to be so on top of things.  I would start the day with breakfast for both myself and our daughter.  I never missed it!  The drawers would be meticulously organised and I had regular clear outs.  The cupboards were always stocked and everything had it's place.

Nowadays the morning is always a mad rush and I never see the bottom of a cereal bowl in the morning.  Our cupboards are little organisms of chaos and the garage is literally bursting at the seams with unwanted junk!

SO the decision to stay home was made with my long term sanity in mind.  I know that I would have really benefited in the short term by escaping to the north and getting my relax on, but it would have been wasted as soon as I returned to a world of clutter and disorganisation.

My major goals for the week are:
1.  Declutter the house and garage
2.  Have a garage sale
3.  Get the small plumbing, electrical and building jobs sorted
4.  Get a quote for the kitchen extension

I plan to have a great week with no dramas from work bothering me! It's going to be productive and wonderful!  Look out organisation, here I come!!!

1 comment:

Chantel said...

Being organised is a really great feeling. I think you made a good decision to stay and deal with your house, rather than run away from it.. great work!

Hope you have a really productive week :-)