Pages

Saturday, 31 July 2010

Saturday, it's a Saturday

Today I woke up, fully clothed with part of my body inside a sleeping bag on the large couch in our lounge to the sound of my daughter saying "Mama, I'm hungry..." "Mama, what are we going to have for breakfast"  and that was at 9.30am...

Having been up for the most part of the night watching a selection of really bad DVD's and MySky TV catch ups I really couldn't comprehend the notion of waking up just yet, so I wiped my mouth, rolled over, and went right back to la la land.

Now I am not  neglectful mother, my daughter is more than capable of getting up and getting her own food - as I found out later when I did rouse once again to the sound of M&M's clinking away in a glass bowl.  One of the pitfalls in letting your child get their own breakfast unsupervised I've found is that they will eat whatever they like - like Miss A chomping away on chocolate for her first meal of the day!

My baby on the other hand was safely ensconced in the warm haven of his father's armpit in the main bedroom so I didn't have to worry about him.  He did wake up much later on to his older sister's despair and she dragged him out to me all covered in snot and tears.  Poor neglected children of mine!

Now my lounge is a tip, with the remnants of the pizza and pasta ordered in last night all over the floor.  I have a pile of books next me to - that I am simultaneously reading and a half drunken can of sprite sits in front of the computer screen.

My plans for the day include having a wash of some description and washing my children... trying not to go out of the house if it can be avoided and reading "The Catcher in the Rye" a book I have finally laid my hands on 20 years after my interest was initially sparked!

Not 10 minutes into my blissful Saturday do I realise that I have to drop DVD's off at the store before I get some more late fees (I've just paid the last lot off) - so much for not leaving the house!...  but then I realise YAY!!!  I have a facial and massage appointment at my favourite spa today - an appointment that I made some time ago and had completely forgotten about!

Time to go wake up my mere male so he can get on with some fatherhood duties - so Mama can get her pamper on!

Motherhood - what a ride!

No comments: